[C320-list] Dog on board

Joe Barrett joe at dolphinmortgage.com
Fri Jan 20 09:27:16 PST 2006

Ok Scott here's a war story. We used to have two Yorkshire Terriers and
often took them on the boat. One was a large (for Yorkies) male and a very
small female. One morning at anchor in a beautiful Cove in Hull Mass called
World Woods my wife put both dogs on deck while I slept. After about 20
minutes she looked on deck and only the male was still aboard. The female
had fallen off and tried to swim to shore but didn't make it, she drowned. I
guess the moral of the story is always have the doggie life jackets on when
not down below. And no we never did get either of them to relieve themselves
on paper on the boat, only a trip ashore would do.
Joe Barrett
#689 Island Time
Naples, Florida