[C320-list] 4D Battery Replacement Advice

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 21 07:15:45 PST 2006

Dennis,

  I'm sure everyone has already told you that the table just lifts off.

  I just replaced my 4d batteries 1999 model.  I bought my batteries fro NAPA Auto Parts.  They are deep cycle batteries.  I admit they do not weigh as much as the original Exide, but they are a lot cheaper.  I believe I paid $180 each.

  John (sojourn645)

Dennis Harris <dharris02 at vol.com> wrote:
  Our boat is a 2000 model, and the 4D batteries have just gone...not
enough juice to crank the engine....I can recharge them, use them for
docking after an afternoon sail, but the batteries won't hold the
charge. So I'll be replacing them. As I recall from eariler posts, the
original 4D's on the boat were a special edition for Catalina by Exide.
How do I get the same batteries with same ratings as the ones used by
Catalina. Do those things really weight 130 lbs? What is the best way
to get the table top off to get access to the batteries. Thanks.

Dennis Harris, C320 #694