[C320-list] Simplified Starting Battery Schematic needed

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 24 19:56:27 PST 2006

Thanks Jeff,  that all makes perfect sense.

  John(Sojourn645)

Jeff Hare <hare at cadence.com> wrote:
  Hi John,

I only listed the Bare Bones ~minimum work I could think of for
wiring a starting battery.

The directions below didn't specifically list moving one of the shore
power charging cables over to the starting battery.
So, when on shore power, the charger would have one charge wire going to
each 4d and none going to the starting battery. If you wanted it to
charge all three batteries from shore power regardless of switch
position, you'd have to either:

1) Put the 1-2-Both in "BOTH" position

- or -

2) Move one of the shore power charge wires from a 4D over to the
starting battery (Super simple, assuming the ring terminals fit.)

- or -

3) Buy and install a combiner/echo charge, or the Blue Sea ACR which
keeps your starting battery topped off whenever there is a charging
source running to the main batteries. (Much preferred)

Cheers!
-Jeff