[C320-list] Jabsco Compact Electric Head

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 07:54:56 PDT 2006

I had a rather unpleasant experience sailing on July 4th. One of my guests
managed to break the head while pumping. On the up-stroke he completely
separated the top of the pump assembly tearing out six screws in the
process. Since the price of a new pump is only a few dollars less than the
price of a new toilet I decided to replace. I removed the old Jabsco compact
manual toilet and went to West Marine where a sales person highly
recommended the Jabsco Compact Electric Toilet. This is an extra $400 over
the manual model but I started to think that it might not be a bad idea. To
be honest, I am getting tired of explaining the workings of a marine toilet
to guests. Everyone knows how to push a button. I certainly don't want a
repeat of the July 4th fiasco. So here are my questions, has anyone
installed this electric toilet on their 320? If so, are you happy with it? I
notice that all the photos of this toilet show the motor on the back of the
toilet, is it adjustable so that it will work to the right (while facing the
toilet) where there is more room on my boat? Any and all advice will be
greatly appreciated.

Ken Danko
Grace, #802
San Francisco