[C320-list] Rough idle on diesel due to Balmar Alternator?

charles walsh chazw199 at msn.com
Sun Jul 9 12:04:10 PDT 2006

On my last boat I had a high output alternator (120amps) and had the same problem.  I installed an on off switch and usually waited until after leaving the dock, mooring etc. before switching on.  The alternator pulled too much horsepower from the engine while at idle but once under way the loss of rpm was not too noticiable.

Charlie Walsh
Windrifter #317