[C320-list] Noise Problem with Perkins Engine

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Wed Jul 12 11:25:20 PDT 2006

allan.field at comcast.net wrote:
> Diesel engines produce virtually no carbon monoxide, a petrol engine produces enough to kill you.
The information I've seen suggests:

    A properly tuned diesel produces little CO as compared to a gas
    engine - maybe 1-10% as much.
    However, even when property tuned, a diesel can produce enough CO to
    kill you in the wrong circumstances.

    If a diesel isn't properly tuned CO production can increase
    significantly.

Even with a diesel I'm still damned careful of how the exhaust gases are
managed.