[C320-list] A/C Sizing

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 17 07:19:45 PDT 2006

I concur with the assessment of exit one vent over the refrigerator.

The 16k MarineAirr unit with a high velocity fan cools efficiently and the
air stream can be felt all the way to the v-berth.

 Recently installed the unit in the port locker with the return air vent in
the aft cabin sealed to draw air only from the cabin.

The 16k unit works instantly to lower temperature and humidity and is so
much quieter than the over head hatch, carry-on unit we used for years with
marginal success.

Selected 16k over 12k because it had the same footprint and same weight as
the 12k unit for a difference of only $200. The cost difference is less
expensive than a boom tent to reduce radiant heat and permit less powerful
units to cool the aft cabin.

Our aft cabin is now nearly the same temperature as the main cabin!

Built a shelf over the unit in the port locker. Removed all of the
unnecessary items formerly stored in the locker and do not miss any storage
that was consumed by the extras we now leave in the dock box.

Rick
My-Ria #277