[C320-list] attaching a Mast Cleat and a Spinnakker Pole Trac k

Alex Krause al_exander at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 22:00:47 PDT 2006

Paul,

  What about 1" track?  I have a nice 10' piece but was uncertain of the strength.    I plan to mount the whisker and/or spinnikar pole on the stanchions.

  Best regards,
  Alex Krause
  Coruna Cat #273
  Huntington Beach, CA

Weikel Paul <Paul.Weikel at theglassgroup.com> wrote:
  Alex,

Yes it was amusing and yes that's is what typically happens to me. I wasn't
laughing too loud though as I went up & down a zillion times in 90+ temps.

Machine screws were definitely 1/4 by 20 and fit both tracks.

I went with the 10 foot length mounted about 18 inches from the base of the
mast because I wanted to store the pole on the track. Collapsed pole length
is about 11 feet. One end of the pole remains on the cam car and the other
end latches into a deck mounted piece.

I do not have photos, but check Allan Field's album on the C320 site - he
just may have posted some of his installation. This installation would work
fine for a spinnaker.

Paul Weikel
Second Chance
Georgetown, MD