[C320-list] C320IA Open positions--WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!

esquirecatering at rcn.com esquirecatering at rcn.com
Fri Jul 21 14:49:21 PDT 2006

On last night's sail the crew and I spent a lot of time discussing
officers for the C320 association.  First of all, we concluded that
the organization is too provincial:  why are all of the officers
from the United States?  For that matter, why are all of the
regattas in the United States?

We concluded that a perfect ticket would be Richard Walker as
Commodore with Annie Bennett as Vice Commodore.  It would
be just and fitting to have Richard take over the reigns since he
is the de facto host of this year's regatta.  Annie as Vice
Commodore would then start planning next year's regatta for
Sydney (yes, we know that it couldn't be in August).  This
would be exciting sailing, expand our horizons in geographics
and in officers outside of the United States, give us all
something to dream about for a year, and reward Richard
Walker for his diligent, brilliant, and dedicated work for the
year.

Let's raise a glass to the idea of my crew and go for
Commodore Walker and Vice Commodore Annie.

Warmest (actually, hottest) regards,

Adam