[C320-list] Warning re 3YM30 Yanmar Engine

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Sun Jul 23 05:45:26 PDT 2006

Stephen, NSW Maritime weren't happy there were no current (2006) plans but
said they would approve the boat in accordance with the most recent (i.e.
1996 plans) in the absence of any others provided the boat was laid up in
accordance with the plans.  A letter from the ABS (American Bureau of
Shipping) said #1073 was built in accordance with these plans.  The naval
architect found this not to be the case and the boat was failed.  My husband
and the dealer met with them to find out if anything could be done.  NSW
Maritime were very helpful and detailed what extra fibreglassing was
required.  The local dealer carried out this work, the boat was re-inspected
and this time passed the survey.  All's well that ends well but it was a
stressful period which took several months.

Annie Bennett