[C320-list] Schaefer 2100 jib furling cnfig

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 24 05:37:24 PDT 2006

Unfortunately, your question doesn't have an answer from us because the
answer depends on how long the luff of your genoa is.

If your genoa as it is currently attached causes the head swivel to
reach the top of the headstay extrusion, you have it tacked at the
right place, and you can not raise it at all.

If your genoa is not full hoist, you can add a pendant below the tack
to raise the genoa above the drum.  This pendant may be long enough to
raise the head fitting to the top of the extrusion.  This height is
almost required because if the head fitting is too far below the
halyard sheeve, you are in danger of having halyard wrap unless someone
has installed a halyard restrainer at the top of the mast (look at the
Schaffer installation instructions)

On a beat, your genoa should be entirely inside the lifelines, so the
only time that your genoa will be over the lifelines is when you are on
a reach.  With the sun cover, at least one side of your sail will be
protected from lifeline chafe when you are sailing off the wind.  If
you want to, you can contact your local sail maker and have him / her
add patches where your sail contacts the spreaders and / or the
lifeline stanchions.

Steve
Alchemist #909