[C320-list] Handling the mainsail

Tue Jul 25 23:04:49 PDT 2006

If you have a person at the mast and someone else at the winch, there's absolutely no problem in raising the main....keep the slides lubricated, that helps a bunch....

----- Original Message -----
From: "charles walsh" [chazw199 at msn.com]
Sent: 07/25/2006 04:57 PM
To: "C320-List" <c320-list at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Handling the mainsail

I have the same problem and even installed the Strong Mast Track System.  It did not help and was a waste of money.  I think the problem is the full batten main and the blocks leading the main halyard back to the cockpit which create a lot of friction.  I plan on buying a regular mainsail in the future which should eliminate a lot of the weight in raising the mainsail. An electric winch is the way to go but they are very expensive.

Charlie Walsh
Windrifter #317