[C320-list] Head pump squeal

Irv Grunes igrunes at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 15:57:39 PDT 2006

The lubricant recommended by Jabsco is "Petroleum Jelly"
We did it to our pump recently and the pump it so easy to operate, that the
handle when left up, just glides down.
I bought a small tube at CVS for 1.69 and it was the best money ever spent.
Remember to close the through hull feed to the head.
Just remove the screws at the top of the pump. Pull out the plunger. Spread
vaseline into the tube. Replace the plunger part way and put some above the
plunger and put it back together.
Be careful of the rubber valves at the top and seat them as you found them.
Thats all there is to it.
Worst part is cleaning the vaseline off your fingers afterward.
Irv Grunes
Isle of Wight #851