[C320-list] Schaefer Roller Furler Hoist

Alex Krause al_exander at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 20:40:29 PDT 2006

I separated the torque tube from the drum bearing housing but the torque tube only rises about 1/4 of the way up the turnbuckle.  If the foil would slide over the Norseman fitting at the top of the forestay that might allow it raise up high enough.  A manual did not come with the boat, I'll contact Schaefer and hopefully obtain one.

  Alex Krause
  Coruna Cat #273
  Huntington Beach, CA

Scott Thompson <sthompson at toad.net> wrote:
  You have to remove the drum to get at the turnbuckle. Instructions are
in the manual. It's not very hard. You should be able to get full
access to the turnbuckle without removing any of the foil. You do have
to disassemble and remove the torque tube to which the drum attaches.