[C320-list] dinghies that work with davits

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Jun 19 07:54:11 PDT 2006

We like to go on significant cruises down the Chesapeake and I'm getting
tired of towing a dinghy everywhere, and so am thinking about davits.
I'm also contemplating purchase of a new inflatable, which likely will
come first.  So what's the maximum practical length / width for an
inflatable mounted on davits?  Is one of the 10'2" models too big?  I'm
seeing some of those attractively priced, but don't want to foreclose my
  options docking or getting in and out of slips.  Will the windage be
excessive with such a boat?  I've never owned an inflatable before, but
the new dog on board suggests upgrading to a better dinghy would pay off.