[C320-list] Davits Dick Walker

Sweetwater Yacht Charters sail at sweetwater-charters.net
Mon Jun 5 08:38:45 PDT 2006

Just a little word of warning to those installing davits. We were discussing
this at our last Power Squadron get-together since a few people have already
been "reminded" by the local law enforcement. Be sure that your davits are
positioned so that your dinghy does not cover your stern light when it is
raised. You may have to change the position of the stern light. It is
against the law to have that light covered. Some of the members have
temporarily got around it by attaching a light to their stern rail (the kind
that would normally go on the transom of a dinghy). We already spend enough
money on our boats, getting tickets just adds salt to the wound!

Joan
C320 #90 Persistence