[C320-list] Overheating Problem

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Jun 5 06:28:49 PDT 2006

The temps sound too low for the alarm to be going off.  Maybe you have a
  bad overheat sensor, or maybe the gauge is reading too low.

Do you have good water flow out of the muffler when this is happening?
I've sometimes had problems when first running after the winter when
there has been a slightly loose hose connection on the input side of the
raw water pump.  This can cause the pump to suck some air instead of
water and reduce efficiency, especially at lower RPMs.  (Same can happen
with a worn impeller, even if no blades have broken off, but obviously
that isn't your problem with a new impeller.)  Finally, make sure the
intake strainer isn't clogged.