[C320-list] Electric Toilet conversion kit.

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 06:59:01 PDT 2006

I did.

Keep your wiring run short and use at least 10 gauge
wire. Mine failed over the first winter for some
reason. While West may be more expensive initially,
a.) they will match any bona fide advertised price and
b.) they gave me a full refund which I used to replace
the entire head for just a little more than the cost
of a pump rebuild kit.

The downside to the electric adapter is that you need
a working manual pump for potential electrical or pump
failures and you have to physically change it out
(usually with a full load in the commode). I like the
reliability of the manual and feel more secure.

cb

--- David Cardoza <dave at avaloncon.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ever installed one of these head
> conversion kits?  I failed to
> remember to put antifreeze in the pump over the
> winter and as a result need
> to replace it.  I was about to order the manual pump
> when I spotted these
> and given that I have to spend money anyway was
> wondering if any of you have
> one of these installed and what you think about it.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SiteSearchView?catalogId

=10001&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&keyword=29200-0120&Ntt=29200-0120&N=0&y=14
> &x=15&storeId=10001&Ntk=All_2&ddkey=SiteSearch
>

> And yes I know West Marine wants to much for this
> but the photo was handy.
> Iv'e seen it else ware for about 300 the manual
> replacement was about half
> that.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"