[C320-list] Single Line Reefing

Irv Grunes igrunes at comcast.net
Wed Jun 7 10:48:56 PDT 2006

Stan,
Thanks for the reply. Again yours is an elegant solution and the fact that
everything is run through pulleys elimintes a lot of the friction.

If one would do the same to the leech luff, theneverything would be throgh
pulleys. Thats just a thought.

Did you do anything to the mainsail to protect it from any chafe by the
block working against it?
When the sail is down and furled, that block must just sit there and not
bother the sail cover.
As you can see I am trying to visualise any and all problems.
I realised that it will be necessary to change the reeving on the mast base
blocks so that the existing block will be the last block before the line
goes into the boom.
Irv Grunes
Isle of Wight #851