[C320-list] Genoa

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 15 05:57:10 PDT 2006

Hi Jim,

Here's the only easy way I know to get this answer.  The manual certainly
wouldn't contain that kind of information, since the sail wrapps tightly or
loosely depending on the conditions you furl it in.

On a calm day, unfurl your genoa and pull it straight back along the mast.

Slowly Furl it up until the clew reaches the mast.  This is 100% I think.
Make a mark the furling line to indicate roughly the 100% point.

Then furl it some more until it's out only 75% of the way to the mast and
mark the furling line again.

Same with the 50% mark.

I don't seem to get reasonable sail shape with the sail furled as far as
100%.  If you have a foam luff pad or some other modification sewn into the
sail you might have better luck with a partially furled sail than I do.

-JeffH