[C320-list] Reefer Blanket

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 09:20:22 PDT 2006

It is simpler, but the computer fan does not require
batteries, is 1/10 the size of the camp fan and stays
in place. I mounted it in the useless spot between the
freezer and the aft wall of the reefer.

I used the camp fan to test the theory, but it kept
flopping around in rough water or when I was digging
around for a cool one. Upside is that the Admiral is
often hot and the camp fan is very portable so it
continues to be very useful.

By the way, if you spend a lot of time on the hook,
instead of using a power supply cooling fan to move a
bunch of air, cut the current draw by using a
processor cooling fan for a huge net savings. If you
are not going in and out of the reefer a lot it works
just as well at keeping the air circulated as the
larger fan.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"
Catalina 320, #867,