[C320-list] Are 6V Batteries Superior To 12V Batteries For DeepCycle Applications?

David Gleason djgleason1 at juno.com
Fri Jun 16 18:42:53 PDT 2006

In years past, around 1956 or so, the auto industry started switching
from 6 volt to 12 volt systems.  One of the reasons I was told was that
according to Ohms law, by increasing the voltage to 12 they were able to
reduce the size of the wiring needed to carry the same amperage.  The
battery cables on 6 volt auto were twice the size of what you see on 12
volt autos.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150