[C320-list] propane BBQ

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 11:24:59 PDT 2006

You can buy the female adapter. Put your tee in
between the regualtor and the male adapter. I added a
gas rated ball valve to cut the female adapter off
when the extention hose is off the grill.

It took about an hour of trial and error for me to
figure out the geometry that would allow everything to
fit with the lid closed and still allow me to
disconnect the tank for refill without having to
disassemble the rig each time.

I didn't want to cut the lid and jeopardize any of the
safety aspects of the LP locker, so I have to
disconnect the hose after each use in order to close
the lid. No big deal, but as I do almost all of the
cooking on the grill, it would be a bit more
convenient on the longer cruises.

--- Darrell <dgray at n-sea.org> wrote:

> I have a T on my propane line that provides propane
> for my BBQ. The T was
> already installed when I bought the boat and is
> after the regulator. I
> recently replaced my BBQ and now I do not get enough
> fuel to run the BBQ at
> medium or high. I believe that having 2 regulators
> is the problem, one for
> the boat system and one for the BBQ. I was thinking
> that I need to move the
> T before the boat regulator. With my current
> plumbing this will mean pretty
> much removing everything and starting over.Has
> anyone else encountered this
> problem? Darrell

Chris Burti
"Commitment"