[C320-list] FW: Windlass

mike gutshall mikegutshall at msn.com
Mon Jun 19 16:37:28 PDT 2006

If you do isolate your problem to the circuit breaker, the guy to call is Dennis at Seaward Products in CA.  Catalina will refer you to these folks.  The number is 562-699-7997.  I trust you opened the panel and looked for any obvious problems with the connections to the circuit breaker.  If you have not, that is one place to look.  The indicator light is fed from a lead off one of the post on the circuit breaker and the connection are very substantial.  I doubt that this is where your problem is but it is worth a try. (this is based on my limited knowledge with hull #401)

Here is another "brain storm".  The winch is driven by an electric motor.  Could you have a slight dead spot on the armature and it randomly is positioned at the dead spot?  Try moving the motor a little and see if that makes it work.  (this is likely more storm than brain)

Mike Gutshall
Alibi #401