[C320-list] Tachometer location

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Jun 20 17:50:56 PDT 2006

Joe-The tachometer sending unit is located at the back of the engine on the
top, slightly to port near the flywheel.  It  measure the pulses from the
flywheel.  The sending unit is hexagonal and screws into what you would call
the bell housing on a car engine.  Two wires plug into the sending unit.
One is orange and the other is blue/red.  One my boat, it is right in front
of you when you remove the rear engine cover.

This information is from my Yanmar factory service manual which helped me
quickly locate the unit avoiding tracing of wires.

Hope this helps.

If the tachometer unit on your instrument panel is OK, then the sending unit
or its connections would be the likely culprits.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894