[C320-list] FW: Docking

Koen Bennebroek vergaar2004-catalina at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 11:49:35 PDT 2006

Well the 2 boat lengths is an approximation and depends on your speed. But the bow would probably be a good reference point.
If you're going extremely slow that may be too far off, while if you're moving relatively fast, you may need more space...
In general, it's always better to start too early and find you may need to reduce reverse throttle than to find out you just passed your slip.
If you do need to reduce reverse throttle to slow down your turn, you will end up further away from shore and have a larger path to back,
but you would still end up in front of your slip if you control throttle right.

Note that I'm still practicing...;-)

-Koen