[C320-list] Shore Power

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 11:24:21 PDT 2006

This is like religion, many versions abound, so here
is mine...

You have a main breaker located inside the port aft
locker near the top on the transom and a master AC
breaker on your distribution panel.

For a first time hook-up, I would turn off all AC
breakers and all mains.

Plug the cord into the boat and then into the dock
receptacle.

Turn on the main in the locker.

Turn on the master on the distribution panel. It has a
polarity LED next to it that should show green. If it
is red, turn everything off again and consult with the
Dockmaster.

Assuming a green light, turn the breakers on one at a
time and make sure of proper functioning of each
circuit. Don't leave the hot water heater on unless
you will be using it and you are certain there is
water in the tank.

Check your battery charger for proper operation. LED's
if it has them or look for 13+ volts on the
distribution panel meter.

cb

--- MKMando at aol.com wrote:

> We are on a mooring for our sailing season and have
> not yet hooked up to
> shore power.  As we are planning a short cruise
> soon, we would like to know  the
> correct procedure for hooking up to shore power.
> Any suggestions would  be
> appreciated.
> Michael Madan
> SouthWind  #773