[C320-list] Securing outboard engine and gasoline

Wed Jun 28 08:18:23 PDT 2006

My center seat has been comfortably ensconced in my garage for the last 11
years...I just took it out in preparation of selling cuba libre 2...

cuba libre 2

             Steve Magennis
             <magenns at yahoo.c
             om>                                                       To
             Sent by:                 Allan.Field at comcast.net, C320-List
             C320-List-bounce         <C320-List at catalina320.com>
             s at catalina320.or                                          cc
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Securing outboard
             06/28/2006 05:55         engine and gasoline
             AM

              Please respond
                C320-List
             <C320-List at catal
               ina320.org>

You mean that you actually still have the center seat?  I thought that
that was the first thing that everyone took off their boat!.

If I send my wife and dog out on a search and destroy mission, we may
be able to find traces of it.  I think that that seat was on my boat
for all of 15 minutes, and it is probably now in a pile of junk in my
garage waiting for the next owner of the Alchemist to hide in his / her
garage.

With the seat in place, there isn't enough room to stand comfortably
for any length of time behind the wheel, so after the shakedown sail
with the dealer, off it went.

BTW, The plastic thingy is the called the "beer keeper inner", and it
does an excellent job of keeping the empties from rolling out into the
lake (after all, we have a bottle / can deposit in MI, and we wouldn't
want to lose our dimes!).  This beer keeper inner is the primary
doohickey that makes our boats better than a Melgas 24 or a Melgas 32.
On both of those boats, there is othing to keep the crew's beers from
washing out the back of the boat.

Steve
Alchemist #909