[C320-list] Filter in Water separator

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 4 07:10:48 PST 2006

Jeff,

  Sounds like good advice, I'm first going to try to rig up the sucker hose directly on to the nipple of the drain.  What I'm thinking is to hold the drain closed with my finger while I open it and then stick the sucker hose on I'll have an aluminum pan with me just in case.  I'll let you know if it works.

  John (Sojourn645),

Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net> wrote:
  Dave,

There isn't much room below the filter bowl. I recall that when I did this a
few years ago I tipped a foil pan into place under it, but once the pan had
fuel in it I couldn't tip it to remove it from under the bowl. I'm not sure
what I did at the time, but a good solution would be to use an Oil Boy pump
to empty the pan.

JeffC