[C320-list] More on Autopilots

A. R. Gates argates2nd at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 12:30:07 PST 2006

Jeff Church,
Do you have the 6001 S1 SailPilot with the Linear Drive Pack?  Your message below says the best price is $2250.
I understand that Raymarine is about to discontinue the 4000 Mk II and replace it with an S1 WheelPilot at about $1200 best price, which may not include the rudder reference transducer which costs about $350.
I am trying to decide if the below deck $2250 unit with rudder reference is preferable to the new S1 wheelpilot at about $1550 with rudder reference transducer.  I am tending to think that the extra $700 for a below deck unit could be cost effective.   Do you or others have any additional input on this oft-discussed topic?
Rollie Gates  #182