[C320-list] Pedestal Steering Maintenance

A. R. Gates argates2nd at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 29 17:08:43 PST 2006

I am trying to remove the pedestal compass guard and the compass to get at the gears and chain for lubrication.
I have removed two vertical screws from the black ring around the compass which seems to hold the aft part of the guard over the compass in place.

Should the guard be pryed up, or twisted off, or?
It may just be tight or rusted because this maintenace job has not been performed for more than 5 years.
The Edson manual and their web site are silent on this question.
Thanks, Rollie

p.s.  Our new 4000+ Mk II wheelpilot works great.