[C320-list] Boat owners income tax question

T. Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Tue Mar 7 17:42:31 PST 2006

I purchased Surprise from the dealer in Annapolis a few years back, who
arranged attractive financing through Key Bank.  They sent a book of
payment coupons then, and once a year they send a flier offering me a
chance to skip a payment, and that's all.  Never an annual statement,
never a 1098.  I've called their customer service about this several
times (no small feat in itself) and they claim this is their standard
policy.  The only thing that keeps me from refinancing in order to get
better customer service is that the rate is good.  I've had to rely on
their telephone information service to get verification of the amount of
interest I've paid.