[C320-list] charging

Darrell dgray at n-sea.org
Wed Mar 8 07:54:56 PST 2006

I recently replaced my starter battery and house bank. I have been
monitoring the float voltage from my charger and it is up at 13.8 and 13.9
volts. This seems a little high to me from what I have read. Otherwise my
stock charger from 1994 appears to work fine. I typically leave the charger
on while I am not at the boat often a week at a time with the fridge
running. So I don't damage my batteries I am considering the following
Replace the charger ($300-$400)
or put a $10 timer in line before the charger which turns it of and on every
4 hours or so
Any advice would be appreciated,

Darrell, Antares #88