[C320-list] Autohelm Mk2 Wheeldrive

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 06:20:56 PST 2006

There may be enough differences in the model numbers
that this comment is absolutely useless, but when I
purchased ours for 867, it was perfectly clear to me
that it simply could not fit and I am pretty good at
such things. However, a bit of grinding on the
indexing post and mounting the motor to port works
perfectly. Mind you this is impossible...apparently
the installer was not aware of that fact.

One piece of advice, use locktite on the screws in the
pedestal. There is enough vibration and torque to work
them loose and then strip the threads in the holes
necessitating helicoils.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"
Catalina 320, #867,