[C320-list] VHF Remote/RAM Mic

allan.field at comcast.net allan.field at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 15:39:29 PST 2006

I saw the instructions on not cutting the Ram Mic cable but there was no way the plug was going down the tube.  So I called the manufacturer and was told that there a 9 wires, all color coded differently, inside the cable and as long as all are spliced back color-to-color, there should be no problem.  So I went to WM, bought a 10-point bus, and installed the bus in the portside aft locker just above the fridge motor.  I cut the cable, ran the cable down the tube, and wired everything together back at the bus.  The real problem turned out to be that the supplied cable is not long enough to get back to the nav station.  I had to buy an extension cord but once I had that, the install was a breeze and no problems since.  My Mic is mounted on the NavPod for the chartplotter and is very convenient.   I think I have a pix on the Sea Shadow website of the final positioning.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD

From: Walter Schaffer <bohpilot at yahoo.com>