[C320-list] Chargers

Russell Monaco russgm at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 10:16:06 PST 2006

I have a '99, it came with a "flyback 20-3"  this is a 20 amp charger for 3 batteris, thus the name.  I understand many people had problems with it, and I geuss I was one of them, so when it went i upgraded to the flyback 30-3 and its worked fine ever since, I beleive Catalina now uses a model from Xantrex, my basic decision was made becuase the new unit was almost exactly the same size and with the same footprint as the oprior one, sio it made replacement, more like removing 10 screws, and then replacing 10 screws, no effort--thats what i like...
  russ monaco
  commodore C320IA

Darrell <dgray at n-sea.org> wrote:
  I know thare has been lots of talk about chargers over the years but as mine
was working fine, I never paid attention. Now I am considering upgrading my
1994 Newmar HDM 30 charger to a Newmar ABC-12-25 smart charger for $290.
Does anyone have experience with this unit or have suggestions for an
alternate brand similarly priced.

Darrell, Antares #88