[C320-list] Packing Gland

Neil Brand nbrand04 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 15:36:31 PST 2006

I use two 1/7/8" packing gland wrenches. I also use a pick set to  remove the old packing. I have both these items for sale. You can  contact me offline at Brand042yahoo.con

Sweetwater Yacht Charters <sail at sweetwater-charters.net> wrote:  Herb-
I had to replace mine last summer (in the water!) and I had to use 2
wrenches, one to loosen and the other to hold the strut secure (the whole
thing wants to turn). Maybe you just have it really tight now and your
penetrating oil just needed time to work in. At any rate, I made sure that I
lubricated it while I had it loose just so I wouldn't have your problem in
the future.

-Joan
 C320 #90 Persistence

P.S. The dripless stuff is great!