[C320-list] Companion way

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Mon Mar 27 05:33:09 PST 2006

   And there is always a wood working nut like me who takes 'restain' as
a wood finish question.  My answer was to use Cetol on the un-sanded
outside because it lasts forever and to sand the inside smooth and
varnish that side. Besides long lasting good looks on both sides I could
feel which side was which for installation in the dark.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> magenns at yahoo.com 3/27/2006 8:20 AM >>>
Sandy:

I assume that you mean restrain the hatch boards when they are
installed in the hatchway to prevent them from falling out in a
knockdown?  If so, a number of answers are possible.  Some people put
small padeye near an outside edge, and connect a chord between ths
padeye and the bridge deck, perhaps using a clam or a cam cleat to
secure it quickly.  Another possibility is a barren polt screwed to
the
hatchboard and a hole drilled into the side of the companionway.
Either works.

If you mean restrain the hatch boards when the boards are out of the
companionway, the previous post says it all.

Steve
Alchemist #909

--- "Richard A. Walker" <dickwalker at att.net> wrote:

> The boards fit to the stbd side of the engine under the ladder.
Gerry
> designed a secure place for them. All new boats have a bungee cord
> secure
> them.  My boat came with the cord securing the clip to the aft but I
> turned
> it around so it had the hook in the front.  It works best by putting
> the
> bottom or smaller hatch board first, followed by the middle one then
> the top
> one with the lock fitting facing inward.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dick Walker
> C-320 (687) WindWalker II
> 740 Olive Ave.
> Coronado, CA 92118-2136
>

> P.S.  Great to be getting folks sending in their sign-up forms for
> the
> regatta.
>

> 619.435.8986-----Original Message-----

Brian