[C320-list] folding props again

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 12:43:39 PST 2006

I put a Martec 2 blade folder (non-geared) under my previous C-30, and
a Gori 2 blade folder (geared) under my new (now in it's 65th season_
C-320.  In both cases, I contacted the vendor and asked them which prop
to use.  Both Gori and Martec will give you good recommendations for
both diameter and itch for your boat / engine / transmission
combination.

As for Martec / Gori, I bought the Gori for my 320 because it is geared
while my previous Martec wasn't.  It doesn't take much gunk to keep one
of the blades from opening on a non-geared prop, and when that happens,
hold onto your fillings.  Martec now sells a geared folding prop too.

In addition to Gori and Martec, Flexofold sells a very similar prop in
the same price range.

Steve
Alchemist C-320 #909