[C320-list] folding props again

Peter Clancy SAILORPETE at msn.com
Thu Mar 30 16:03:45 PST 2006

Good question. I have the Gori 2-blade folder. Price is a factor and you'd probably have a little more drag under sail with the 3-blade prop (a racing issue). I have a 10 year old boat with only 360 hours on the engine. So, we sail 80-90% of the time. Folks who motor more often, particularly in windy and choppy conditions,  could probably make a case for the 3-blade having a better "bite" and possibly driving the boat better thru such conditions although I've never had a problem with my 2-blade folder.

Peter Clancy
AROBAN  C320  #222
Miami, FL