[C320-list] prop install

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Mar 30 19:18:42 PST 2006

Stan,

I spoke to the DriveSaver folks, Globe Composite Solutions, and they do not
recommend installing their product unless you maintain a certain maximum
distance between the prop shaft strut and the hub of the prop. Their
recommendation for our 1" shaft is that the distance be no more than 1" to
1.5".  According to them, with a marine brass shaft instead of SS, the spec
is even more critical. The gap is already 1.25" on my boat and the
DriveSaver would bump that up to 2.5".  Assuming the gap on my boat is
typical, Bob and Russ would have to pull the shaft and have the inboard end
cut and the keyway machined in order to properly install the DriveSaver.

JeffC