[C320-list] crack in lexon deadlight

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Mon May 1 04:11:27 PDT 2006

Hi Dan,

I have previously used various chemicals to "weld" two pieces of
polycarbonate (the generic name for Lexan) together.  The chemicals were
very thin and wicked between the two pieces to be joined.  The adhesion is
almost instantaneous as the base material melts for a second.  I can't be
sure but I think one of the chemicals I used was TCE (trichloroethylene)
which is a metal degreaser although you should test it to be sure.  I would
suggest a search on the internet for bonding polycarbonate.  One product
that I have recently used is Loctite 420 which is in the cyanacrylate family
and is intended for bonding polycarbonate, although it is $20 for a small
bottle.  I hope this helps.

Rod Boer
#688, Odyssey