[C320-list] starting battery

David White dwhite at punahou.edu
Fri May 19 10:34:34 PDT 2006

On my hull no. 624, the through-hull for the head is forward of the
4Ds.  So I built a small shelf, glassed into the bottom of the hanging
locker, for a dedicated starting battery.  The wiring run was short,
behind the liner in the head, and I just rewired the existing battery
switch...number one is house-bank, the 4Ds, and number two is the
flooded starting battery in the closet.  By the way, after our passage
last June, I took out the water heater, which we weren't going to use,
and now the boat lists to starboard, very slightly, about 2 degrees out
of plumb.  Trolling last weekend we landed two mahi mahi, or dorado.
Most sailors here always have several lures in the water, and the
speedy 320 is turning into a real fish-catcher.  Aloha, Dave

C320 no 624, Tradewind
Honolulu, Hawai'i