[C320-list] Cabin table

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 20:52:56 PDT 2006

When I was a new owner, this really stumped me.  This list helped and folks are once again offering up the same sage advice.

  I'll chime in that what is a 'never fail' for us is to loosen the nut and then I carefully sit on the table facing port with one leg on each side of the mast compression post.  I skooch as close to the compression post as possible and gently start bouncing.  Be sure you are centered and that ideally your weight is primarily directly over the table pedestal.  Gently wiggle a bit forwards/backward for you (athwartships for the boat) to get the descent started if needed.

  Like others have said, we leave ours in the down position with cushion installed "all the time" unless we are having dinner down below.  After dinner, we push the table back down and put the cushion back into place.  It's much more usable below with the table down.  We learned this from Joe and Diane Revak at the Baltimore C320 IA Regatta in 2003.

   -bill culbertson
    #859 Harmony (Lake Erie)

crashley at gte.net wrote:
  Joe is correct. It took me a while to figure out that the table pedestal has
a gas shock in it and actually compresses when to push down on the table. I
think I disassembled the whole thing once trying to figure out how to use
it. I don't think the owner's manual even covered it.

CRA
Hull# 882