[C320-list] Perkins M30 Oil Change last drops

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Thu May 4 04:57:32 PDT 2006

Turn the boat upside down and give it a good shake...

Seriously, what kind of pump are you using?  I have a self-priming (very
important) pump that seems to do a good job although I'm not sure I know how
to tell if ALL the old oil is out.  With a self-priming pump, I keep moving
the wand part all around the bottom of the pan and stop when I don't see
anything else coming up and the wand begins to cool due to lack of hot oil
coming through.  I assume you are trying to pump hot - versus cold - oil.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD