[C320-list] Cabin table

John Van Vessem jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 6 06:44:05 PDT 2006

Bob,

  If you loosen the hand wheel under the table, just lift up the whole table top will lift right off.  Set it aside and your batteries are easily accessed.  By the way do yourself a big favor and rub a candle in the inside of the pedestal base.  This will make pushing the table down much much easier.

  John (Sojourn 645)

Jeffrey Hare <catalina at thehares.com> wrote:
  Hi Bob,

You'll probably have to remove or lift up the cushions to drop the table
down to sleeping level. In newer boats you should have a couple of teak
blocks screwed into the settees (right about where the calf of your legs
would be when sitting) that serve as supports for the table edges when it's
dropped.

I'd drop the table and cover it with a towel or cardboard when removing
batteries. There is almost never any reason to remove the table itself.
That's a big job.

The standard TABLE WARNING repeated here for fun... :)
When the table is down, do not allow anyone to sit on the edge of the table
in the space between the compression post and the Head door. There is no
good support for that edge of the table, and you'll pop the table off the
post. Some people have resorted to screw-in table legs, or other such
support devices.

Cheers!
-JeffH