[C320-list] GFO and Autoprop first report

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Mon May 8 04:50:23 PDT 2006

Russ,
   Welcome to the world of efficient - but still fun - motor sailing.
If you're a regular working guy like me your destinations during the 1
or 2 week slices of the 'Cruising Life' have just been expanded. When
you get  your sails up you'll appreciate the AP even more doing what it
was designed for - adjusting its pitch while motor sailing and adding
very little drag when sailing fully feathered.
Stan
(formerly) Christy Leigh
c320 #656 - AutoProp
(now) NC 331 - AutoProp
Wickford/Narragansett Bay RI

>>> russgm at yahoo.com 5/6/2006 10:28 PM >>>
Autoprop:
OMG!!!!  We no longer have a sail boat its a high preformance motor
boat!  we had to motor, hadn't gotten the sails from the loft yet, so we
motored for 2 hours, the entire time, the GPS SOG said high 6's, 6.8,
6.9 while at 2,600rpms and the speed thru the water on the knot meter
showed us above 8 kts the entire time (can that be true??)

A doubly satisfied upgrader-
russ monaco
commodore C320IA
Escape