[C320-list] Waste Through-Hull

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 06:14:14 PDT 2006

Locking the compartment complies with the law as well.
You can buy a desk drawer lock and install it on the
compartment cover. You will need to install hinges or
tabs to slide under the fiberglass lip on the side
opposite the lock. A 6" long pice of rabbeted 1" X 2"
teak scrap srewed to the cover works nicely.
cb

--- "Kurt R. Budelmann, M.D." <krbmd77 at charter.net>
wrote:

> I had a boat inspection on Saturday and the examiner
> told me the law required that I securely lock the
> through-hull downstream of the macerator pump.  I
> said if I lock it I can always unlock it, so isn't
> that symbolism over substance?  He said perhaps but
> it needs to be locked.
>
> Do the folks on the list have any suggestions on how
> to accomplish this?  I can easily lock it in the
> open position which is parallel to flow, but what
> modifications need to be done to keep it locked
> closed or perpendicular to flow?
> __
> Kurt R. Budelmann
> Everwind, Hull #1035