[C320-list] Broach

Stanley Rogacevicz SROGACEV at holycross.edu
Tue May 9 05:09:15 PDT 2006

   Yup.... sounds like the daily SWester in NGBay. Although it's usually
a bit less extreme ...... in the summer around 2 we get a 'super sea
breeze' fueled by Providence's hot rising city air at the north end of
the bay being filled in by the cool sea air and funneled up the  bay by
the narrow entrances. Sometimes I've seen it for miles off as a giant
cat's paw moving north with the sailboats in its wake going from
slatting sails to rail down flying. Good fun - if you're ready for it.
Stan

>>> esquirecatering at rcn.com 5/8/2006 8:18 PM >>>
Let's just say that I started to say:
"OK, the wind is too light, let's give up and take down the chute and
motor back."  Halfway through that sentence the boat speed went for
1.8
knots to 7.1 knots (against a 3 knot current) in about three seconds.
Seas went from dead flat mirror like to 3 to 4 feet in about 30
seconds.
Unless you sail in SF Bay you wouldn't believe that sort of thing can
happen.  Went from 3 knots of wind to over 20 in about 3 seconds flat.
Adam