[C320-list] Hull Serial number

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 05:44:14 PDT 2006

The HIN is located Exterior hull, port side, just under the hull / deck
joint, aft, just before the deck starts to drop toward the waterine.
It is VERY obvious.  The number should start CTYC####L@?? where CTY is
Catalina Yachts, C is the C-320 (N is the C-30), #### is your hull
number, L is the month of manufacture (A = Jan, L = Dec), @ is the last
digit of the year of manufacture, and ?? is the last two digits of the
model year.

>From this, the Alchemist was manufactured in March of 02, and is a 2002
model (Like cars, new models come out in teh fall of the year before
the model year, so it is likely that you can have a hull number ending
(for example) J001 for a 2001 boat manufactured in November 2000.

Steve
Alchemist #909
(from the hull number and my above discussion, you can figgure my HIN.)